Sunday, October 14, 2007

8 String Neo Jazz (part 5 .... under pressure!)


The gluing and clamping is next for the 8 String Neo Jazz pickups. Jared Carpenter of JC Basses has started a web page showing the progress on the 8 String Quilted Maple bass these pickups will be going into. This bass will also be sporting the most amazing maple top I have ever seen!
I hope to finish these pickups next week so that JC Basses can have them by the end of the month. So far things have gone relatively well and making the dead line shouldn't be a problem. I am having some trouble from my magnet supplier though. After finishing the first bobbin I ran out of magnets of this size. So I ordered more. They have sent me two shipments so far that are the wrong size. These little annoyances are why I have to leave myself plenty of time to get the pickups out to clients. You just don't know what you don't know... It's all very dramatic. Like a reality show only realer because it's happening to me.

Will Clint get the magnets in time?!

Will the covers be finished without cracking?!

Will they sound like the golden voices of Angels?!

Tune in next time for the next exciting installment of Searcy Shop Blog!

Same Pickup time... Same Pickup channel...

No comments: